Mostly a good week and my goals for the spring season
This weekend marks the end of my winter break. Weeks of running as and when I wanted are over. Funnily enough, I ran with far more smiles over the past 3 weeks and logged more miles than in previous training weeks where I just couldn’t face the run. So, I guess, somehow I did something right over my winter break. Let’s recapture this week:
- OK – this was last Sunday, but it set the tone for the week: 13.86 mile run with friends as part of the NIKE+ Women’s half marathon
- 4 runs this week & 1 walk
- about 20 miles run this week
- reached next NIKE+ level (green)
- coldest day: 0C
- warmest day: 12C
- safely dodged the rain
- longish fun run today with friend
I did twist my ankle this morning though during the run. It stopped hurting after a minute and I kept running. Not really hurting now, let’s hope it stays that way. Anyway, that why it reads “mostly” a good week…
Official half marathon training season is starting again on Monday. I want to preserve the fun I had over the past few weeks, so I am going to keep the fun elements in:
- If I don’t feel like running, I’ll go for a walk instead.
- I’ll ask a friend or two to join me on my long runs. Realized how much fun it has been running with S and Y these last two weekends.
- Remember to enjoy the run and the scenery. That should always be the number one goal!
I like these. I shall print them off and hang them on my kitchen wall. 🙂
Curious to know what goals are hanging on your kitchen wall?
Be not afraid of going slowly,
be afraid only of standing still.